Seri Anggun

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Reminiscing the old times!

Guess what? It's funny to me, but whenever I think about what I'd truly like a vacation to be like, my thoughts always turn to those vacations on the islands I took 20 years ago. I have gone to Besar Island (Pulau Besar) near Mersing and Sibu Island and also those trips to Desaru, Malacca, Perak and Kuala Lumpur with my IE friends.

How I loved those trips then and how wonderful it sounds to me right now. Those vacations were just about having time to be together. I loved playing all the games and the company that I had. The nights on the islands were beautiful. The stars were so animated. And it almost seemed like magic whenever I walked barefoot along the shoreline, gathering stones and shells and could daydream about the past or the future or almost nothing at all...

I suppose a large part of what made those trips seem so special was seeing them through an adolescent's eyes and dreams. However, there are many aspects of these trips that I would now love to recreate if I could take my ultimate vacation. I love to be along the water and to be able to look out and feel like I can see forever. These views are stunningly beautiful - just like looking out on the water. I love to be at a place with great views and times of great quiet. I love to have a few days with no agenda - no school, no students. I love time taking naps and long showers. The memories and dreams most definitely live on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home